Baltimore, Maryland is a beautiful and historic place with numerous attractions for tourists of all ages.
Located in the US state of Maryland and located in the country’s Mid-Atlantic region, Baltimore is a fantastic tourist destination and boasts numerous sightseeing opportunities and some of the country’s best food. One of the best Baltimore attractions is the Inner harbor, which offers up some of the region’s best food and entertainment. The neighborhoods that surround the Inner Harbor are all distinctive and represent the area’s fascinating history and culture. The city’s transportation system consists of mass transit, water taxis, and traditional cabs, or you can choose to walk to get up close and personal with the many different aspects of the city of Baltimore.
Looking for some unique things to do while in Baltimore? Enjoy these fun Baltimore attractions:
- Federal Hill: This busy and popular neighborhood is one of the most historically preserved in the city. Offering a bird’s eye view of the city and featuring the popular Cross Street Market, Federal Hill is one of the best places in the city to enjoy fresh seafood and the company of the friendly locals in one of the many pubs and restaurants. The famous American Visionary Art Museum is also located here.
- Baltimore Aquarium: Famous not only in Baltimore but also around the world, the Baltimore Aquarium is one of the best Baltimore attractions and is a fantastic way to spend a day. Explore the 4 story high fish tank, take in a dolphin show, visit the indoor rainforest, or take in a show at the 4D Immersion Theater. The aquarium also hosts special events and exhibits throughout the year.
- Port Discovery Museum / Power Plant Live: Designed by the Imagineering team at Disney, this interactive experience is perfect for visitors of all ages. Its three stories are packed with interactive exhibits including Kids Works, Wonders of Water, MPT Studio, Sensation Station, and more. However, Port Discovery is not just for kids. There is a section for adults that features restaurants and bars which makes this Baltimore attraction perfect for the whole family.
- Camden Yards: If you’d like to take in a Major League Baseball game while in Baltimore, Camden Yards is the place to be. Also known as Oriole Park, this state of the art baseball stadium is the perfect place to enjoy America’s favorite pastime.
- Fell’s Point Baltimore: Located just east of the Inner Harbor is the historic neighborhood of Fell’s Point. Known for its cobblestone streets, art galleries, and more than 120 pubs, Fell’s Point is one of the Baltimore attractions that are not to be missed. Rumors abound in this quaint neighborhood, but one of the most famous of these tales regards Edgar Allan Poe. He visited this area frequently and some say his ghost still haunts Fell’s Point to this day.
- B&O Railroad Museum: As one of the country’s oldest railroad companies, B&O is an important part of America’s history. The museum offers more than 200 railroad artifacts, workshops, train rides, tours, and much more.
- Vernon: This Known as the art hub of Baltimore, the Mt. Vernon neighborhood is packed with galleries as well as shops, bars, and restaurants. Named for the home of America’s first president, Mt. Vernon also boasts the original Washington Monument, which was completed in 1829.
- Locust Point: Named for its many locust trees, this neighborhood is one of the many Baltimore attractions that shouldn’t be missed. Home to Fort McHenry, the Baltimore Museum of Industry, and Latrobe Park, and was a key location in the American Revolution.
- Canton: Just a short distance from downtown Baltimore lies the neighborhood of Canton. Its waterfront location, numerous bars and restaurants, uniquely constructed row houses, and galleries make this area the perfect place to spend an afternoon.
Baltimore attractions are numerous and varied, so consider some of these wonderful places to visit during your next visit to this unique city. You may also consider looking at some of the websites prior to your trip to Baltimore, as many of the Baltimore attractions will host special events throughout the year!